St. Stephen Parish and School occupy 39 park-like acres in Northeast Baltimore County bordering Harford County. The parish was officially recognized in 1851 as a place of worship with the current church completed in 1889. Along with the church and cemetery, the school shares its grounds with the parish center, rectory, and convent.
The elementary school is contained in one two-story brick building with a computer lab and a library close by in a portable building. Along with 10 homerooms, there are additional rooms for group instruction. The gymnasium/auditorium is used for physical education classes, Sunday Mass, and other parish and school events. The school is fortunate to have a large black top area, grassy playgrounds, walking/jogging painted track, wooded ½ mile cross-country course, and a soccer field for ages 10 and under.
The newly built Pre-K building houses the Early Childhood Programs. Presently, St. Stephen School educates approximately 320 students in Pre-K 3 through 8th grade. Though the students, parents, and staff have changed through the years, the school has remained steadfast in its desire to educate the total child in an environment of Christian values, principles, and standards.