2nd Grade Supplies
2nd Grade Supplies 2023-2024
Please mark every item with your child’s first name and last initial. A permanent Sharpie marker works the best.
A homework planner and SSS Take Home Folder will be given to students the first week of school.
In order to keep your child organized, please use a small, soft pencil case that can fit inside your child’s desk. Only include the supplies listed below. I have noted items that will need to be replenished throughout the school year, and those that will be stored in our classroom for when they will be used.
Items in Supply Case:
- 3 – #2 sharpened pencils (Sharpen and replenish as needed)
- 1 – Pink Block Eraser (NO NOVELTY)
- 1 – Pack of 12 Colored Pencils
- 1 – Box of 12 Crayons
- 1 – Scissors Blunt Edge
- 1- Elmer’s glue stick (Please purchase a pack of 4 and put 1 stick in your child’s supply case. I will store their extras and give them a new one when they run out) Click here for example.
- 1 – Dry erase marker (Replenish as needed)
- 1 – Black Sharpie (Replenish as needed)
- 1- Highlighter (Replenish as needed)
Items given to Mrs. Hollifield to store:
- 1 – Pack of 10 Crayola Markers (basic colors, unscented – Please label box with child’s name)
- 3 – Extra glue sticks
- 3 – Composition Notebooks (Color does not matter, students will be given labels)
- 1 – Folder (This will be used in ELA, a Take Home Folder will be given to your child)
- 1 – Pair of earbuds or headphones in a bag labeled with your name
- 1 – Roll of Clear Contact Paper (Leave at home for covering books)
- 1 – Optional: Tea Towel to cover desk for lunch (pack each day in the lunch box)
*We do not need any tissues, wet wipes, or Clorox Wipes to start the year. However, I may reach out for donations when our supplies are running low.
*No white out/no wheels on backpacks/no mechanical pencils/no pencil sharpeners.
*No squinkies, please!