Letter from School Leadership
Dear Friends of St. Stephen School,
Welcome back to St. Stephen School for the 2017-2018 school year. We celebrate the wonderful accomplishments that took place over the summer!
- Successful Carnival raised over $42,000 toward the school operating expenses;
- Increase in the outreach to alumni due to 85th Anniversary Celebrations;
- Knott Foundation Grant to institute the new Reading Specialist position, purchase of Leveled Literacy Intervention Program, and renovated space;
- Joyous & faith-filled Vacation Bible School traveling back to Ancient Rome following the footsteps of St. Paul and STEM Camp led by Sylvan Learning Center;
- New bridge built by Eagle Scout, Cameron Bildstein, and outdoor classroom entrance sign built by Mr. Bob Soter;
- New fence in front of PreK building;
- Purchase of new laptops in Computer Lab;
- Upgrades to all LED lighting in Main School building from MSDE Aging Schools Grant;
- Award for the 4th of July Parade participation;
- Chorus participation at the IronBirds game;
- Purchase of new kitchen equipment;
- Teachers engaged in various Professional Development opportunities.
We welcome new faculty and programs.
- Mrs. Debbie Liberto - full-time - 2nd Grade Teacher;
- Mrs. Julie McMahon - full-time - Math Teacher;
- Mrs. Veda Diegel - full-time - 2nd Grade Instructional Assistant;
- Mrs. Danielle Hart - full-time - 3rd Grade Instructional Assistant;
- Mrs. Anne McMahon - part-time - K-8 Technology Teacher;
- Mrs. Linda Boschert - full-time - PreK-8 Spanish and Music Teacher;
- Robotics Club hosted by Mr. Norm Discher;
- SOAR silver award from the Maryland State PBIS Program;
- After Care Expansion including PreK under the direction of Mrs. Mary Barron and welcoming new staff members: Mrs. Jessica Antonacci, Miss Casey Goertz, Miss Emma Johnson.
Please take some time to explore our website and learn more about our wonderful school, a Piece of Heaven in 21087!